Nutella Raspberry Pop Tarts
These irresistible Nutella raspberry pop tarts are as easy as (hand) pie! Four ingredients and 30 minutes is all you need to make these buttery little parcels oozing with warm Nutella and ripe, juicy raspberries. A nostalgic treat that both big kids and little kids will love!
Sure, homemade pastry is beautiful but if you’re short on time (or just can’t be bothered!) there’s so much you can do with a packet of the frozen kind. I especially love using store-bought frozen pastry because it’s already rolled and cut into sheets, which means you can make as little as three pop tarts at a time. Leave frozen pastry sheets on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes until they are soft and pliable enough to cut and you’re well on your way to making your very own pop tarts!
NUTELLA RASPBERRY POP TART SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe honestly couldn’t be more simple! There are just three main components:
- Filling (Nutella)
- Fruit (Raspberries – if these aren’t in season, frozen raspberries work just as well! Sliced strawberries are delicious too.)
I chose to use dreamy Nutella with some fresh raspberries to celebrate World Nutella Day (5th Feb), but if that’s not your style, then the possibilities are honestly endless! For the filling, you could use any flavour or jam/preserve, nut butter, caramel, curd, etc! Then simply add a few bite sized pieces of fruit.
MAKE NUTELLA POP TARTS AHEAD OF TIME!
These Nutella raspberry pop tarts can be easily made ahead of time. Simply allow them to cool completely then store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
To warm up your pop tarts – pre-heat oven to 180°C then place pop tarts on a lined tray and heat for 5 minutes.
Check out my Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes here!
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 6 tbsp Nutella
- Fresh or frozen (defrosted) raspberries
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large tray with baking paper.
3. Thaw frozen shortcrust pastry sheets for 10 minutes at room temperature then cut each sheet into 6 equal rectangles (approx 8 x 12 cm). You should have 12 rectangles total.
4. On 6 of the rectangles, cut out a small shape using a mini cookie cutter* or prick a few holes with a fork.
5. Arrange the remaining 6 rectangles (without the shape cut out) on the prepared baking tray and brush the edges with the beaten egg wash using a pastry brush.
6. Add 1 tbsp of Nutella and 3-4 raspberries to the centre, leaving about 1-1.5cm around the edges.
5. Add a cutout rectangle on top (you may need to push the raspberries down a little bit) and crimp the edges all the way around using a fork. Brush each pop tart with egg wash.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
* I used the medium sized heart from this mini cookie cutter set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g